Sunday, November 14, 2010

Do I have to stop altogether?

My hair is naturally extremely curly, thick, %26amp; dry. I straighten it at least once a month %26amp; keep my hair very healthy otherwise %26amp; trim off the ends once I cut them.

Anyways, my hair will ONLY stay straight if I blow dry it straight (using a heat protectant of course) %26amp; then flat ironing it on 450 degrees with a flat iron (heat protectant again). I know it's bad to use heat on your hair at all, but I do like it straight sometimes.

I really have tried different levels of heat but the highest heat is the only one that will keep my hair straight. How can I continue doing this without destroying my hair/curls? Is there any way?

Thanks in advance. :)Do I have to stop altogether?
Find a couple conditioners that help your hair and alternate them out after a few weeks. Go to a salon get your hair cut/trimmed every 3 to 5 months. If you shower everyday only shampoo your hair every other day or every other couple days(but still condition.)



It shouldn't stunt the growth, trimming your hair will make it grow faster, and heat shouldn't do much other than cause split ends.Do I have to stop altogether?
Just make sure you are using a heat protective spray. That is major, especially if you're using heat that high.

No comments:

Post a Comment