Sunday, November 14, 2010

I have a couple questions about my hair?

Well I have brown hair that is about an inch or two below my shoulders. It's super thin and naturally kind of straight but super frizzy/puffy.

My first question is Do flat irons completely damage your hair?

I've been straightening my hair for about three or four years and up until a few months ago I havn't used heat protectant, but now I do. My hair grows super slowly so do you think straightening it is whats causing that?

Also, if stopping straightening my hair meant that it would grow faster, I dont know what to do with it. So does anyone know any good hairstyles. I've tried curling it, scrunching it, and sleeping with braids. It always just turned out like a big frizz ball.



Any tips on how to not damage it so much? and any good hairstyles for my type of hair?



Thankss:D and sorry this is so long!I have a couple questions about my hair?
J

u

s

t



b

r

u

s

h



u

r



h

a

i

r



a

n

d



u



w

i

l

l



b

e



j

u

s

t



f

i

n

e



:)I have a couple questions about my hair?
no i don't think straightening your hair has caused it to grow slower.. your hair is dead cells, it cant feel or anything. but straightening your hair for so many years without protecting it is probably what is making it so frizzy, because its really damaged.
well if you iron is uber hot that is one thing that is bad. take some paper towel and clam the iron (when its hot) and if the paper towel turns brown its too hot.

Also. start buying some more expensive shampoo.

i buy Mark anthony moisture gloss.

My hair does get dry but this helps and it helps it not be soo frizzy. and i bleach my hair between 1-2 times a month cause i like to be blond. and my hair is super healthy and soft people are in amazment. also when conditioning leave it in for between 2 - 5 min. i usually shave my legs when i leave my conditioner in.
Yes the heat is causing that. What I would do for frizzy hair is take a shower before you go to bed, but make sure you brush it or it'll be evan worse. Sorry I don't have any good hair styles for any hair. Im used to mine down. cid
yes. most likely it is your straightener. Here is what you do:



-Lay off the straightener



- Trim your hair a good amount to get rid of all damaged/split ends



- Buy a good repairing shampoo and conditioner



- Use a moisturizing cream mask (reduces frizz)



- Massage your scalp to promote growth



- After washing your hair, use a good strengthening serum (which will repair your hair hair and reduce frizz making it appear healthier)



If you do all of the above for a long time (basically until your hair grows faster and longer and most of your hair is repaired and you can just cut off any remaining dead hairs.)



You can do many hairstyles, try getting a good cut. Your hair can look fab without much styling as long as you have a great cut that frames your face properly.



PS- remember, no hairstyle will look as good while your hair is still damaged. repair it first, then try new hairstyles.
wash your hair three times a week that should help it and switch to straightening and srunching it basically dont always put heat on it.....MAKE SURE! that you use heat protection :)
First of all, you need to cut it. A lot.* If you've been doing that much straightening to your hair, it is probably really damaged. Flat irons don't completely damage your hair, but if its thin like yours then it does do damage. If your hair seems to get lighter, then that is evidence that your hair is damaged. Your hair's growth rate has nothing to do with straightening (I have really thick hair that grows fast and I do straighten it from time to time) but it could mean your hair is unhealthy. Get a good (like salon quality) moisturizing shampoo %26amp; conditioner, deep-condition twice a month, stop straightening at all and brush your hair with a comb only. Brushes break your hair, making frizziness. Also, you could get an anti-frizz serum (they are made by many brands) for you hair. Keep on sleeping with your hair in one braid, it IS good for it. Ummm... and I think thats all I got! Good Luck and I hope this helped!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment