Sunday, November 14, 2010

Permanent Hair straightening question...?

I have really curly hair and it's absolutely enormous and frizzy in tight curls and normally I straighten it every day with a hairdryer and flat iron but it's getting to be too much work.



How much does it cost to have your hair permanently straightened?



How long does it last?



Is it worth it?Permanent Hair straightening question...?
I don't agree that it will ruin your hair forever, but if your hair is that kinky curly to begin with, you will still be required to straighten it daily. It will make it easier to work with, but how much easier is dependant on the product used and the exact texture of hair you have - as well as how straight you want it to look in the end. Also, as your hair grows in, you'll need to get touch-ups to keep your desired look, so it is an on-going price issue.

If you are seriously considering it, I recommend setting up a consultation with a stylist to see what they think your options are - and they can give you the low-down on exactly what to expect in both result and price. From there, you can weigh your options and make an informed decision...good luck!Permanent Hair straightening question...?
its $$$ and dries out your hair. if your hair grows fast it wont las t very long. just don't wash your hair everyday wash everyother and straighten everyother.i have vurly hair to..i hate it but everyone loves it..i usually pull it into a pony tail or straighten the bottom half and put the top in a clip..when i striaghten it all its still poofy cuz my hairs thick!!..i also wear a headband with it down.
My sister's friend used to have brown curly hair-- VERY curly, sounds just like yours, and she absolutely HATED it, and guess what? She got it permanently straightened. Now it is even worse than before, TOTALLY frizzy, poofy, and NOT attractive. She even regrets it... but hey that was about a year ago... and its already back to normal... only it is permanently frizzy. Hun?? Don't do it, all you are going to do is completely ruin your hair for good... trust me. please. I know what you mean, I have very wavy hair myself, and i straighten it... but it is WAY too much work... I'm sorry to tell you but you're stupid to do that, and besides, it is very expensive and a waste of money, i was thinking of doing it myself. good question. If you want to ruin your hair for good, then do it. If you don't want to ruin it... then don't do it. There are certain shampoos, conditioners, and gels out there that will help to keep your hair straighter and easier to straighten... even if they are kind of expensive... but they work and don't ruin your hair, give them a shot!! Good luck. =]
Well I am Spanish and have VERY curly hair too. What I do is I get a relaxer. I get the children's ones though. Try just for me or TCB get the mildest ones they have and have a professional apply it. It will run you depending on where you go about 50-70 bucks. For me it will last about 6-10 weeks depending on how I treat it. By that I mean if I wrap it up every night like you are supposed to, don't get it wet and most important don't let my hubby cause me to sweat. LOL. After they apply it they will straighten it for you and you will need to get it redone about once a week. You can last two weeks without getting it redone but I MUST wash my hair at the VERY least once a week. To me it is worth it. The best part is since I get the children's one it does not get rid of all my curl it just gets rid of that wave that's always there when you blow dry. But please remember that a relaxer will dry your hair out if you do not care for it the right way. Get deep conditioners about twice a month and you should be fine. Hope I was able to help you.
I have the same problem as you. I did it before %26amp; it ony lasted a week. it is NOT worth the effort. I would just blowdry your hair straight. You should not dry your hair EVERYDAY. Let it go for 2-3 days. That is what I do. Deep condition once a week too %26amp; try a glaze makes hair shiny %26amp; soft. Use aussie 32 minute miracle deep conditioner or john freida hair gloss sold at drugstores.....
i get my hair realxed, but i use a childrens relaxer, it reall ymild so it doesnt damge your hair that much, nd when my hair comes out its still curly my curls have jus dropped, i wouldnt ever ean to get it completely straight, it costs like 50-70 $. it lasts like 4 or 5 months, i think its worth it, jus get a mild realxer

No comments:

Post a Comment