Sunday, November 14, 2010

Questions about relaxer?!?!?

hi, im a guy, hispanic, and i have short, coarse, naturally dry , super curly hair like the one in this picture ..

http://www.marieclaire.com/cm/realbeauty/images/ik/rb-tight-long-curls-5-0809-de.jpg

after getting the japanese hair straightening done 3 times, im totally broke and i cant afford to have a new one done.. im tired of flat ironing my hair everyday, plus, i live in a HOT HUMID TROPICAL PLACE (puerto vallarta, mexico) and summer is coming ;S so i would like to relax my hair with a lye hair relaxer i got from the US (mizani butter blend regular strenght) .. but since im doing it myself, with a lil help from my dad (cuz we have no experienced stylist on relaxing hair, here in mexico u.u ) there are some things id like to know before relaxing my hair:



1. I know its important to base your scalp correctly before applying the relaxer, but i find this step too difficult because i always get the jelly not only on my scalp, but also on my hair , and i want my hair to come out really straight but i dont want to get burns T_T.. so are there any easy and effective ways to base the scalp without getting the base on my hair??



2. how much time after the last wash should i wait to relax my hair?? many ppl say 1 week, others say 5 days, 3 days, 2 days.. im pretty much confused =/



3. ive watched tons of hair relaxing tutorials and i see that they always blow dry and flat iron the hair immediatly after getting it relaxed... is this necessary ?? or can i just let it air dry after neutralizing ??



4. after relaxing my hair and air drying/blowdrying it, can i get it wet like the next day?? cuz i go to the gym everyday and i need to wash my hair daily (at least with conditioner, not shampoo) ...



5. when you apply the relaxer, you are then supposed to smooth out the hair.. how should this be done?? with my fingers?? with a comb?? cuz i want my hair to come out nice, straight and smooth.



6. when applying the relaxer, am i supposed to apply it all over my head and then set the timer ?? or start counting time as soon as i start applying it??



7. ive noticed than in most cases, african americans relax their hair and it comes out like kinda straight, kinda wavy and puffy and frizzy and they have to wroap it and/or flat iron it. i saw on the internet that that happens bcuz african hair is almost always super tightly coiled and the hair doesnt completely straightens and it adopts a puffy texture.. will this happen to me?? i mean, my hair is short, i just wanna get out of the shower, put on some hair wax , get it messy spiky looking and be ready to go .. i dont want to flat iron my hair everyday =(



ok i think thats all, srry if i worte tooo much but im kinda frustrated cuz i want my hair to be pretty U_U

thanks a lot everybody!Questions about relaxer?!?!?
1. follow the directions very carefully, you don't want scalp burns. remember that relaxer swells so you shouldn't put it directly on your scalp anyway

2. read the directions, mizani is a good company ...you can call and ask their customer service how long you should wait...and don't keep relaxing the same hair, it'll break

3. you don't have to flat iron the hair right away, that's just a finishing touch but at least blow it dry

4. you can absolutely wash your hair...that's not a problem

5. don't use your fingers!! use a comb...comb it out and then use the flat base of the comb to smooth

6. it shouldn't take you long to get it all on, but yes start counting after you have it on

7. it depends on the texture of your hair

good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment