Sunday, November 14, 2010

Trouble with my natural black hair?

I've been natural for nearly 3 years and my hair has remained fairly short. I've had it cut a few times and tried a variety of styles--pressing, twists (single and two-strand), afro, fro'hawk, and braids. The problem is I have a few different textures. Some strands are very straight, due in some small part to a flat iron debacle. Some are wavy; but most are tight curls. It feels like the middle of my hair is shorter than the rest but I'm not sure it looks that way.



I'm tired of looking like (or feeling like I look like) Frederick Douglass. I really dislike my natural hair. I'm considering getting a relaxer again. But I've been chemical free for over 3 years now so I'm not sure I want to go that route. I mostly keep my hair in braids, but want to wear my hair out.



I want my hair to grow, be thicker, healthy, and all one texture. I don't want to have to constantly twist and/or roll some pieces of my hair every night just so it looks consistent.



What can I do? When I go to these natural sites, everyone seems to ';love'; their natural hair. Does anyone share my experience? If so, how have you learned to embrace your hair in practical ways?



Serious responses only please.Trouble with my natural black hair?
Hi. Visit http://www.natural-black-hair-care.info for some ideas on taking care of your natural hair. One way to care for natural hair which many people don't realize is wet styling. You can use moisturizing conditioners to make your hair easier to work with, and then style it in many different ways. Your hair actually can be different textures (the way most afro textured hair is) and still look nice with wet styling. The book ';Natural Black Hair'; which is at http://www.natural-black-hair-care.info/鈥?/a> addresses this issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment