Thursday, November 11, 2010

How do an African-American female make her hair curly while having a perm?

My hair is a little past my shoulders and is very fine (And it's all real, long hair runs in the family). I hate having to wear my hair flat all the time. The most popular hairstyle for females in my area right now is wearing your bang(s) straight while the rest of your hair is curly. The curls are more like loose curls, I guess. Most of the girls I know that wear they're hair like this is mixed with Caucasian, Mexican, etc. Well I'm Black, mixed with Jamaican, but my hair isn't anything special (as far as natural curls go). Should I just get it curled with a curling iron (But my curls are always so easy to fall right after they get done)? I'm So stuck. What do you guys think?



By the way, every time I ask the girls they say just wash it and add alot of hairspray and other products. But when my hair gets wet (remember I have a perm) it stays wet for a minute then becomes poofy.How do an African-American female make her hair curly while having a perm?
Roller or straw sets..How do an African-American female make her hair curly while having a perm?
Hi,



Sounds like you have a beautiful grade of hair. First off our hair do not need all the hard gels and extra spritz.:). If you want to achieve different looks with relaxed hair at your length, here are some tips.



You can wet set it and use large Perm rods. this will hold curls for fine hair. The rods come in all sizes so you can have a variety of curls from tight to loose.

You can also use pin curls to give you a body look, this is a method using your finger to create a curl pattern while wet, then you pin it and let it dry. I will give you the link and the end of this article.



Another style you can get is a wavy pattern, you can achieve this by using a large crimping iron, light pray with a holding spray, (not spritz). Crimp the hair, when you are finish. Use a shine(Black n Sassy ';Shine'; is very good), or a finishing oil(no lotions), rub through out your hair and finger comb through it. This will give it a more natural wave appearance and leave it soft.

If your hair is poofy after you have shampoo it use a light oil and blow dry it straight before you crimp or curl it.

Product: Cheaper side that's good, Black n Sassy, Bonner Brother, and QP Elasta. Expensive Side (if you are into name brand) Mizzani, Sebastian, and Dudley.



I hope this helps, and good luck

Visions Hair Illusions

';It Takes Visions To Create';

No comments:

Post a Comment