Thursday, November 11, 2010

How do I SAFELY curl thick, straight, stubborn hair?

Hello all! Lately I've been getting tired of my hair, same old thing, just another day. It's thick, straight, and long. It's not frizzy or anything and I get complements on it. I just want to add some flare because it's very flat. My friends have tried curling it a little, but I get kinda freaked out because I don't want to damage my hair with hot irons. When they do get a nice curl in it, you can't touch it and I can't move, otherwise it will practically unfurl right there infront of your eyes. I'm not going to lie, I've been pretty much a tomboy (on the feminie side) my entire life, therefore I don't know that much about cosmetics (make-up, hair styles, ect...) I just turned 16 though and I'm tired of my look. I'm starting with my hair. I just want big soft curls, nothing fancy. Something I can wear into town that looks nice, but not like I'm going some where special.



So I guess I'm asking how can I curl my hair without damaging it. I'm willing to use hot irons, but isn't there something you can put in your hair to help protect it a bit? I need a step, by step walkthrough because as I said, I've never curled my hair before! Thank you!How do I SAFELY curl thick, straight, stubborn hair?
Okay it's going to sound like the easy way out but Youtube has excellent tutorials on practically EVERYTHING. And as you can see how they're doing it you're more likely to get it right.How do I SAFELY curl thick, straight, stubborn hair?
the sprays, etc everyone else is talking about are called 'thermal sprays'. They actually help hold an irons curl and yet put a protective film between your hair and the heat from iron or blower. If your hair is thick and you're using an iron, make sure you use very small sections for each curl, otherwise the heat from the iron won't penetrate to all of the hair in iron.

However, an easy way to get some wave or body/shaping into your hair without heat? Take 2'; sections of dampish hair (or bigger, if want), make sure you have some gel or some product in hair, and braid them and leave to dry overnight or longer. Not sopping wet or wet hair, but semi-dry. Take braids out in morning and use iron on ends to shape them under or flip out (basically just to give shape to ends that were not braided).

Good luck
you can use a hair protection from heat! you can get them at walmart, or any other superstore!

pump it out, run it through your hair, and curl!



to curl, i use a flat iron (straightener)

here's a tutorial on how to use one:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w74e5aXrFs4



this is the technique i use when curling my hair with a flat iron.



good luck! :)



ps,

if the video is too complicated, a simpler way of curling with a flat iron is by turning the iron a 180 degree, then running it down slowly! :D
hair curlers
if your hair is very think then the iron won't hurt it that much, and it is the easiest way to curl hair. but if you don't want to use then, then you can just put in sponge rollers at night and take them out in the morning, but this can be a pain without practice so make sure you get help. no matter how you curl it, you'll need hairspray to make it stay. don't be shy, use a lot! try and get oderless ones because hairspray can stink.
the best way is just to tie your wet hair in small buns,and then blow dry it.I hate to damage my hair so i've been using this method for a long time and it always works.however,you might needa experiment a bit on how tight you want your bun to be.the looser the bun,you'll get loose curls.go on youtube and you'll be able to find many many videos on that!hope i helped!
Easy, at a salon or drugstore you can buy heat protecting sprays. Just apply those and curl with a rather large curling iron if you want waves. Remember to section your hair evenly. There are several tutorials on Youtube if you need any more help ^.^
Okay, this is what you will need:

A CHI Infrared Flat Iron

CHI Iron Guard Spray

http://www.frizzy2silky.com/shop/chi-44-鈥?/a>



Just spray the iron guard spray on your hair first then flat iron your hair. This will perfectly protect you hair from damage and split ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment