Thursday, November 11, 2010

Imagine you rat all of your hair all over with a boar brush, oh and you have a really bad perm...?

so it's all frizzy and last of all, you have a bad haircut so the front is too short.



That about describes the way my hair looks and feels when I get it wet and leave it.

I haven't been wonderful to my hair, because it's always frustrated me. In elementary and jr. High I've tried to perm it strait, I've dyed it a few times, and I used to flat iron it every time I washed it.



I have been very good to my hair this past year. I haven't dyed it in almost 4 years, I permed it 2 almost three years ago, so I think a lot of that's grown out. I don't straiten it anymore, I haven't since summer started. I deep condition almost every week.

Oh and I cut it, hence the bad hair cut, to get rid of most of the damage.



My hair is naturally really really curly, but the curls don't stay together, they just kind of look like...fluff/frizz, it's been like that since I was little. It didn't look too bad when It was long, but it isn't long anymore.



I don't know how to style it, any suggestions? I usually just pull it back in a pony, and the front I put up with bobby pins.

The only way I can get it to look ok down is if I put something in my hair and then I put it in like 50 braids when it's wet and let it dry.

That's kind of ridiculous, so I don't really want to do that, but I still want my hair to look nice when it's down.



Any advise?Imagine you rat all of your hair all over with a boar brush, oh and you have a really bad perm...?
IMHO, you need a GREAT haircut. It will help a lot. Try to look for others whose hair is similar to yours and looks great, and then ask if they will tell you who cuts their hair, and how to reach that person.

Maybe your hair just needs to be shorter and to have an easy-care short haircut; it sounds as if you have curly hair.



The best cutters of curly hair don't have to charge a fortune. Sometimes it is even worthwhile to go to a hairdressing-cosmetology school where the teachers are experienced and teach the subject of cutting difficult hair. If one really wants to know something, then one should teach it.

There is a good website for curly hair: http://www.curlyhairsalon.com/cut-curly-鈥?/a>



Once you find someone who can cut curly hair well, that stylist can tell you how to keep your hair looking good. Remember that it takes a while for someone to get used to cutting your hair, so give it about 6 haircuts MINIMUM before you really decide on whether you love the stylist or not. I know that seems like a long time, but sometimes it can take a stylist 1-2 years or more to really know your hair.



That doesn't mean that it will look horrible for that long, just that the final product won't be at its absolute best right away. With your hair, for example, look how long it is taking you to get it away from its damaged condition? As your hair is cut well, it may develop extra little kinks because the weight is released and no longer pulls the curl out.



Be a little patient, take things a little bit at a time, and I'm guessing that you will find a stylist who does a great job for you. Then you will feel much better.
  • pets
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment